From the Maplewood Arts Council:
On Saturday, May 20 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00p.m., The Maplewood Arts Council is hosting a free workshop for artists, and arts organizations looking for effective ways to promote their work.
“There is so much amazing work happening in Maplewood – from individual artists working on projects, to organizations producing amazing events,” said Marcy Thompson, Chair of the Maplewood Arts Council, and co-founder of Studio B. “But without real knowledge about promotion, our local artists might be missing important audiences for their work.”
Over the course of this two-hour event, participants will hear from seven experts about the most effective promotional techniques. Topics and speakers include:
- Javier Farfan — Marketing and Cross Promotion
- Julie Doran, Maplewood Village Alliance/Springfield Avenue Partnership — Developing Relationships with Local Businesses
- Cat Delett, Arts in SOMa and the Valley — How and Where to List Events
- Mary Mann, VillageGreenNJ.com, and Yael Katzwer, The News-Record — Writing and Submitting Press Releases
- Benny Campa — Building an Effective Web Presence
- Natalie Farfan — Social Media Tips
The event is open to artists, arts organizations, or any individual interested in connecting their creative project to a wider audience.
Mayor Vic DeLuca has made a commitment to the artistic vibrancy of Maplewood, and encourages creative residents to attend the event. “The information covered at this Summit will help local folks establish lasting connections in our community, and beyond.”
Admission is free, but you must register to attend. Register at www.maplewoodartsandculture.org/2017-summit.
The Maplewood Arts Council is an official advisory committee on arts and culture to the Township of Maplewood. It’s comprised of 11 appointed volunteers who work to advance its mission: to create community in a creative community.