People That You Meet” is a series of interviews conducted and posted by the Vanessa Pollock Team/Keller Williams, highlighting residents of the South Orange-Maplewood community and their diverse and interesting lives.
This installment is an interview with Erin Look Cutraro, advocate for a more diverse government by encouraging females to run for office.
What town do you live in?
Where did you live before that?
- Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn by way of DC by way of STL
What brought you to SOMA?
- Maplewood Village, walkability, access to the city, backyard movies, kids running around outside and space for guests (and, Vanessa Pollock sealed the deal!)
What do you do (for a living or as a serious hobby)?
- I advocate for a more diverse government by encouraging women and girls to consider public office.
What’s your favorite feature of your home?
- Our front porch and the sunlight in our kitchen – it’s a tie
Where do you love to go on a date night?
- Lately, we meet after work at Les Halles in the city. And – to keep it classy – we close it out with a beer in a bag for the train ride back to Maplewood.
What’s music/album are you really into these days?
- Listening to Leon Bridges as I type this. Apple music has me all over the place.
If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
- The power to fly. Obviously. It would be way more efficient.
What’s the best book you’ve read in the last 5 years?
- Grace for President as it relates to my work. And, Where’d did you go, Bernadette to escape.
What’s something that amazes you?
Describe your family:
- One preschooler. One first grader. Two working parents. And anyone who will live the dream with us. Our friends are family.
Describe your ideal day:
- Family, friends, sunshine, laughter, wine and bacon.
Favorite local place to eat?
- When I work from home, Arturo’s for an earlyish lunch (usually no line then…shhhhh)
Who/What did you aspire to be when you were little?
- My mom – she was and still is a superhero.
What is your favorite store?
- Locally, Able Baker. Because Banana Bread.
Mountains or Beach?
- Beach. Beach. Beach.
- Of all time? I can’t pick. I recently discovered Song of the Sea with my daughters. It blew me away.
What inspires you?
- My girls. They are wildly different. And super curious. They give me purpose.
How would you describe your “style”?
- Eh – modern survivalist?
Coffee or tea?
- Lots of coffee
People That You Meet: http://vanessapollock.com/people-that-you-meet/