The following is from Rent Party
- Free. 11 bands in the friendly confines of Maplecrest Park for free!
- 20 arts & crafts vendors. They’ve got arts & crafts vendors for the first time and it’s being curated by the nice folks at the Asbury Park Punk Rock Flea Market.
- Family friendly. There’s a playground near the stage, so you can watch the little ones while enjoying the music. There’s also a skate park and plenty of room to toss a Frisbee or a football.
- Picnic. Organizers encourage you to pack a pic-a-nic basket, Boo-Boo! But what if you don’t want to do the picnic thing?
- Sabrosa comida Colombian! The folks from Maplewood Grille are setting up shop and and offering tasty American-Colombian Fusion Cuisine… But what about dessert?
- Gelato. The nice ladies from Lickt Gelato are gonna be on hand all-day long and they are going to donate $1 to Rent Party for every cup of gelato they sell!
- Food drive. Maplecrest Ford Lincoln is bringing their Maplecrest Moves Charities Van to help collect non-perishable food items that will be donated to local food pantries.
- Community corridor. A handful of local civic groups are going to be there to tell you about what they do.
- The Blasters. Rent Party will be handing out a limit supply of two-for-one coupons for tickets to September 22’s show by The Blasters!
- Rent Party. This is a great chance to learn more about Rent Party and what they do here in our community.
Started in 2009, Rent Party is a live music series in Maplewood – South Orange. The proceeds from these shows help fight hunger in the community. Rent Party supports three local food pantries (Oheb Shalom, St. Joseph’s, and Our Lady of Sorrows). They built and maintain a large community garden on the front lawn of the South Orange Elks that raises fresh produce for the pantries they support. Their BackPack Pals program provides a weekend’s worth of nutritious food each week during the school year to about 100 food-insecure kids in our schools. To learn more about Rent Party, visit their website at www.rentpartylive.com
Schedule of Performances
- 12 – 12:40 The 4th Street NiteOwls
- 12:55 – 1:35 The Campfire Flies
- 1:50 – 2:30 Rebecca Turner
- 2:45 – 3:25 The Transplendent
- 3:40 – 4:20 Elk City
- 4:35 – 5:15 Bern & The Brights
- 5:30 – 6:10 Shark Hat
- 6:25 – 7:05 Glenn Morrow’s Cry For Help
- 7:20 – 8:00 Marco Ranieri Band
- 8 :15 – 8:55 The Anderson Council
- 9:10 – 9:50 The Vaughns