Open auditions for the 3rd annual Listen To Your Mother show at SOPAC will be held Saturday, January 30 and Sunday, January 31 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Monday, February 1 from 7:30 – 10pm. Anyone with a story about motherhood is welcome to audition.
From the producers:
LTYM is a national spoken-word event celebrating motherhood and everything hilarious, challenging, heartfelt, and absurd about it. This year, the show is in 41 cities in U.S. & Canada. The producers are looking for all stories that celebrate motherhood in all its complexities. Looking for men, women, young adults, empty nesters, parents and non-parents to share an original piece that is 5 minutes or less to possibly be cast in this year’s shows on Saturday, May 7th at 5 & 7:30pm.
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD BY APPOINTMENT ONLY:
- Saturday, January 30, 10 AM – 6 PM
- Sunday, January 31, 10 AM – 6 PM
- Monday, February 1st, 7 PM – 10 PM
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
- Send an email to LTYMNJ@gmail.com
- Put the word AUDITION in the subject line
- Please include FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER and DATE/TIMEPREFERENCES (We will try to accommodate you.)
Commitment includes two rehearsals in the spring and a pre-show run-through on May 7. NO professional writing or stage experience required.
Check out the LTYM YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/ltymshow to get a better sense of the show.