Rhett Miller and Tori Erstwhile & The Montys are hosting a very special evening at The Woodland in Maplewood on November 1 from 6-11 p.m., with some interesting lead-ins:
- 6:00-7:30 p.m., dinner at The Woodland (60 Woodland Road, Maplewood) with Food Network’s Carl Ruiz (Maries’ Italian in Madison, Guy Fieri’s Grocery Game champion and judge) with wine tasting by Hank Zona complimentary beer will be provided however guests are encouraged to bring their own wine (Hank will run out).
- 6:30-8:00 p.m., portrait photography with Austin’s Brent “Hump dog” Humphreys https://www.
brenthumphreys.com/ Does it get any better?
- 6:45-7:45 p.m., laughs with local comedy geniuses Boo Trundel, Abby Sher, and Molly Reisner
- 8:00-9:00 p.m., with Tori Erstwhile & The Montys including locals Dave Shields (piano), Nahum Kianovsky (guitar), John Strauss (drums) and Dave Mulewski (upright bass) with songwriter and singer, Tori O’Connell, at the snappy banter. It promises to be witty and charming toe-tapping fun with original songs and unpredictable lyrics. You’re gonna love ’em: https://www.youtube.com/
- 9:00-10:30 p.m., Headliner Rhett Miller is the front man and songwriter of the hard-charging rock ‘n’ roll quartet the Old 97’s, as well as an accomplished solo artist. In addition to his studio albums with the 97’s, he has released nine solo albums and been featured in countless films and television shows. Rhett is primarily known for his songwriting and awe-inspiring live performances but is also a critically-acclaimed author whose work has appeared in several books and such well-known periodicals as Rolling Stone, McSweeney’s, and The Atlantic. Born in Texas, Rhett currently resides in New York’s Hudson River Valley with his wife and two children. Get acquainted: https://www.rhettmiller.com, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Rhett_Miller, https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Ox2YlQjHd1M, https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=CChyRA3S-l4, https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=kl-PnPhoTGE
Seating is limited to 150. RSVP here.
There is no fee or cover for this event, but donations will not be turned away.