From South Orange Recreation & Cultural Affairs:
South Orange Recreation & Cultural Affairs membership is available online, by mail or in person at the Baird Community Center to all to South Orange residents.
The benefits of this membership currently include:
- Admittance to the South Orange Community Pool
- Priority admittance to some Department programs and activities
- User fee discounts on fields and tennis courts
- Discounts of some programs and activities
At the end of 2018, the Village changed the registration and membership software used by the Department of Recreation & Cultural Affairs. This is expected to improve customer service and make future transactions significantly easier. However, it also means that all residents wishing to purchase a membership for 2019 will need to do everything a new resident is required to do:
- Create a new account on our new website (unless you have already done so) AND
- Provide TWO proofs of residency for adult family members AND
- Provide copies of birth certificates for all dependent children AND
- Have new photos taken
That’s the bad news. The GOOD news is that you can choose to do almost all of this online and via email OR, by U.S. Mail OR In person at the Baird.
For details and information, CLICK HERE and select the ‘Membership’ tab on the right side of the home page.
And don’t wait! The membership fee is $30 up until May 15 ($120 for a family of 4 or more). After May 15, the fee is $35 ($140 for family of 4 or more).