NYC Bagel has posted a notice at 1857 Springfield Avenue — next to the T-Mobile store and just down the street from HLS Juice Bar. The sign reads “Coming Soon 2019.”
According to www.nycbagelsandwichshop.com, “NYC Bagel & Sandwich Shop is the brainchild of an enterprising upstate New Yorker who saw the opportunities back in 1994 for making inroads in the franchise fast-food market.”
Locations range from Colorado to Texas to Alabama to South Carolina. Springfield Avenue Partnership Manager Julie Doran tells Village Green that there is an NYC Bagel franchise in Jersey City.
The website reports the following menu and services:
- Plain, Sesame, Poppy, Garlic, Onion, Whole Wheat, Salt, Cinnamon Raisin, Pumpernickel, Egg, French Toast, Blueberry, Everything, “Energy” Bagels and Bialys
- Plain, Fat Free, Scallion, Vegetable, Jalapeno, Olive Pimiento, Fat Free Vegetable, Walnut Raisin, Lox Spread
- Fresh Sliced Nova Lox
- Breakfast Items of a Bagel – Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, Ham and Cheese
- Cappucino & Espresso
- Freshly Ground Gourmet Coffees and Six Specialty Flavored Coffees
- Deli Sliced Meats and Cheeses on Bagel, Roll or Hero
- Egg, Tuna, Chicken, and Whitefish Salads
- Catering Platters – Continental Breakfasts, Sandwich Buffets, Meat Salad and Wrap Platters
- Eat In or Take Out … with Phone Ahead
- Open 7 Days a Week for Everyone’s Convenience
Village Green will update this story when the opening date is announced.