The following is from the Maplewood Green Business Program
Mayor Vic DeLuca and Township Committeeman Frank McGehee honored the local businesses that participate in the Maplewood Green Business Program on Saturday, July 29th, with a green ribbon cutting and a certificate.
The Maplewood Green Business Program recognizes businesses that are striving to use sustainable practices in their business operations and to lower their environmental impact. The program was developed with the help from the Maplewood Chamber of Commerce, the Maplewood Village Alliance, and the Springfield Avenue Partnership.
The program offers local businesses the chance to work with sustainability experts to lower their costs, increase their efficiencies, and improve their bottom line.
The four businesses recognized today were Nuestra Tierra (1753 Springfield Avenue), Roman Gourmet (153 Maplewood Avenue), the Maplewood Grille (149 Maplewood Avenue), and the Conscious Fork (97 Baker Street).
The Green Business Program is free of charge, easy to sign up for, and offers businesses the following benefits:
- One-on-one FREE ongoing consultations with sustainability experts.
- Free publicity as a leader in the business community through our online marketing program, websites, and window displays.
- Discounts to Maplewood Green Day
- Green Business workshops
- Goal-setting and measurement systems to track your results.
- Baseline assessments of your current business operations, including energy, water, and materials usage.
- Lowered costs by increasing efficiencies in your business.
- Reductions in environmental impacts, such as your carbon footprint, and other sustainability risks and concerns.
- Networking and information-sharing with sustainable business experts and the Maplewood business community.
- Assistance in joining the New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry to gain support and assistance in developing your competitive business strategy for sustainability.
For more information, go to https://www.maplewoodisgreen.org/greenbiz