From the Maplewood Health Department:
OVERLOOK VAN SCREENINGS:
Find out if you are at risk for a variety of conditions with these FREE screenings. Educational materials and individual counseling are also provided.
- September 13, at the Hilton Branch Library, 1688 Springfield Ave., 2:00-4:00 pm.
- Blood Glucose & Body Mass Index screenings and childhood obesity & prostate cancer educational materials
- October 18, at the Hilton Branch Library, 1688 Springfield Ave., 1:00-3:00 pm.
- Blood Pressure & Blood Glucose screening and Breast Cancer Awareness educational materials
- November 15, at the Hilton Branch Library, 1688 Springfield Ave., 1:00-3:00 pm.
- Blood Pressure & Blood Glucose screening and Diabetes awareness educational materials
ADULT HEALTH CLINICS through the Maplewood Health Department:
- Wednesday, August 8th, at the Main Library, 51 Baker St., 10:30am-12 noon.
- Thursday, August 9th, at Maplewood Town Hall, 574 Valley St., 10am-12pm.
Services are free and open to all Maplewood residents, 18 years and over. Clinical services include: blood pressure screening, medication, weight, nutrition and wellness counseling, carotid bruit screening and diabetes risk assessment screening. Russian translation is available.
AMERICAN RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE:
- Monday, August 20th, at The Woodland Parlor Room, 60 Woodland Road., 2:30-7:30 pm.
Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org and enter Maplewood Health to schedule an appointment. All presenting donors will receive a $5 Dunkin Donuts gift card and a $5 Amazon gift card via email. Join the #missingtype movement and make others aware that without A,B, and O, we can’t save anybody.