Free Police and Fire

NJ Residents Suffered CO Poisoning After Last Nor’easter: Do NOT Bring Gas Generators Indoors

From the NJ Poison Control Center, courtesy of Maplewood Fire Chief Michael Dingelstedt:

UPDATE: Several New Jersey residents found themselves hospitalized this weekend for carbon monoxide exposure. The culprit: their gas generator. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious and deadly threat during severe weather. Do NOT under any circumstances bring gas . . .

Want more local news? For unlimited access to the Village Green, subscribe now and get access to all our content for just $45/year, $15/quarter or $5/month.
Village Green NJ is in the process of moving to a new subscription provider. If you are seeing this message and have an active subscription, please reset your password and sign in here..  Please also review and, if necessary, update your payment information. Click here for more information.

You May Also Like