The SOMSD Parenting Center Toy Drive is, as always, in need of gifts for teens.
“As we all know, they can be hard to please and hard to buy for!” wrote Principal on Special Assignment Elizabeth Aaron in an email plea.
- Playing cards, Uno, teen board games
- Hats, gloves, mittens, scarves
- Purses, bookbags, totes
- Old Spice, Axe, etc., mens’ grooming gift sets
- Make up bags, sets, brush kits, etc
- Nail polish gift sets (would be nice to include remover and cotton pads)
- Nike/other sports socks
- Lunch totes/reusable cool water bottles and mugs
- Cool art kits, pencil sets, coloring books/crafts kits
- Fun t-shirts/hoodies/pajamas
- Gift cards: Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Village Trattoria, Target
- Cool school supplies
- Xbox gift cards
- ITunes gift cards
- yoga mat, stretch bands, hand weights
- Nerf dart/archery games
- Maplewood Theater/SOPAC Bow Tie Cinema movie gift cards
Aaron noted that more basketballs and footballs are NOT needed at this time.
“In short – if your teen or preteen likes it, wants it, uses it – so do the ones we need some gifts for,” said Aaron.
Otherwise, the Toy Drive has been extended through December 20 for younger children. Toys and gifts can be dropped off at collection boxes in the schools or at these participating local businesses: A Paper Hat, Toy Division and Gleasons Cleaners in Maplewood and Sparkhouse and South Mountain Yoga in South Orange. You can also donate through the gofundme page or the Amazon link:
For more on the Toy Drive, visit here.