From the Maplewood Police Department:
●School Crossing Guards●
The Township of Maplewood Police Department is seeking applicants to fill part-time positions as School Crossing Guards. The minimum requirements are:
• U.S. Citizen
• Age 18 and older
• Valid New Jersey Driver License
• Pass a criminal background investigation and physical
• Exhibit reasonable, consistent, predictable attendance and punctuality
• School Crossing Guards are required to perform their duties outside, in inclement weather conditions, and remain alert for periods of up to 1 ½ hours on a consistent basis.
• School Crossing Guards must be capable of standing, walking, and holding a stop sign in their hands for up to 1 ½ hours on a consistent basis.
All School Crossing Guards will be trained to perform the following duties:
• Cross Children Safely
• Evaluate traffic patterns
• Report Hazardous conditions
• Pay rate is $12.05/hour – no benefits
All interested parties should pick-up an employment application at the Maplewood Police Department Headquarters, 1618 Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, NJ 07040 or www.maplewoodpd.org. The Township of Maplewood is an equal opportunity employer.
For full details, view this message on the web.