The Achieve Foundation has received over $5,000 so far for its Direct Funding Teacher Grants program this year.
Contributions are helping fulfill the requests of grateful staff members, whose grant projects will have a direct impact on the educational program of students in the South Orange and Maplewood public schools this spring.
However, there is still time to contribute and still teacher grants that need funding. The following projects at Columbia High School that are still eligible for direct funding through January 31. The amounts listed with each grant project represent the totals needed to fully fund the grant proposals. Achieve notes that staff members can begin to implement their programs with partial funding; therefore, any and all donations are appreciated.
List by Staff member – Grant Proposal ($Total Amount):
- Stacey Bachenheimer – Genius Hour ($650)
- Falynn Balassone – EOF College Visits for At Risk Students ($2500)
- Amy Biasucci – Research in Molecular Genetics & Bioinformatics ($2883)
- Jon Fisher – It’s Time For A Digital Photography Lab ($17284)
- Kristin Furlong – Science Take Out Kits ($1547)
- Janet Kahn – Motivation Through Sports & Games ($156)
- Philip Lester – Guitar, Ukulele and Songwriters Club ($525)
- Laura Prato – Self Regulation Technology ($595)
- Allan Tumolillo – Robotics Club ($4375)
- Alison Steiner – Social Work Counseling Programs K-12 ($1877)
- Terry Woolard – Infusing Google Drive Into The Classroom K-12 ($8000)
To donate to the project of your choice online (Paypal only), click on this link: achievefoundation.org.
Choose “Direct Funding” on the form and provide the information requested.
To pay by mail, send your check with the teacher’s name and school in the memo line to: Achieve Foundation, PO Box 84, Maplewood, NJ, 07040.
Direct Grant Funding donations are fully tax-deductible.
For more information, contact Buena Chilstrom at [email protected] or call 973-762-8274.