The following is from the Maplewood Police Department:
PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
Township of Maplewood – Police Department School Crossing Guards
The Township of Maplewood Police Department is seeking applicants to fill part-time positions as School Crossing Guards. The minimum requirements are:
- U.S. Citizen
- Age 18 and older
- Valid New Jersey Driver License
- Pass a criminal background investigation and physical
- Exhibit reasonable, consistent, predictable attendance and punctuality
- School Crossing Guards are required to perform their duties outside, in inclement weather conditions, and remain alert for periods of up to 1 ½ hours on a consistent basis.
- School Crossing Guards must be capable of standing, walking, and holding a stop sign in their hands for up to 1 ½ hours on a consistent basis.
All School Crossing Guards will be trained to perform the following duties:
- Cross Children Safely
- Evaluate traffic patterns
- Report Hazardous conditions
- Pay rate is $16.00/hour – no benefits – 3 hours per school day (7:30am-9:00am and 2:30pm-4:00pm) – times may vary depending on school calendar.
All interested parties should pick-up an employment application at the Maplewood Police Department Headquarters, 1618 Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, NJ 07040 or www.maplewoodpd.org . The Township of Maplewood is an equal opportunity employer.