From MAPSO Book Festival:
R.L. Stine, author of the legendary Goosebumps series, Dan Gutman, of Weird School fame, and Ibi Zoboi, author of the YA hits American Street and Pride, and editor of the collection, Black Enough: Stories of Being Young and Black in America, will be among the 40+ children’s authors at the Third Annual MAPSO Book Festival on Saturday, June 8.
Ibi will lead a panel on the collection, Black Enough, at 11AM, with fellow contributors Tracey Baptiste and Rita Williams-Garcia. Dan Gutman will appear at 12noon, while R.L. Stine will be speaking and then signing his books at 2:00PM. All three authors will appear in the Great Hall at the Woodland in Maplewood.
The children’s area will run from 11:00AM-4:00PM, in the Woodland parking lot, and feature the following authors:
- Nick Bruel / Tami Charles / Claribel Ortega
- Hilda Burgos / Cindy L. Rodriguez / Artie Bennett
- Wendy Mass / Jay Cooper / Laurie Wallmark
- Nancy Viau / Katey Howes / Kell Andrews
- Mike Malbrough / Ariel Bernstein / Jennifer Hansen Rolli
- Anica Mrose Rissi / Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen
- Kelsey Garrity Riley / Ellen Potter / Galia Bernstein
- Jannie Ho / Michelle Knudsen / Beth Ferry
- Christopher Healy / Gabrielle Balkan / Ethan Berlin
- Laurie Morrison / Kyle Lukoff / Leslie Kimmelman
- Cordelia Jensen / Kama Einhorn / Alyssa Capucilli
- Matt Myklusch / Diana Murray / Laura Sassi
- Sarah Beth Durst / Tracey Baptiste
There will also be giant games, and book-related fun for kids of all ages.
The book festival will kickoff on Friday night, June 7 with a library fundraiser featuring Eve Ensler, author of The Vagina Monologues. For tickets, please go here. In addition to the children’s programming, there will be a full schedule of adult events on Saturday, June 8.