The following is from the South Orange – Maplewood School District:
Judy LoBianco, South Orange – Maplewood School District’s Supervisor of Health, Physical Education and Nursing Services, has been accepted into the North American Society of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport and Dance Professionals (NAS).
NAS is the most elite award among H/PE professionals and only current NAS fellows can nominate within Canada and the United States. Formal recognition will take place at the SHAPE (Society of Health and Physical Educators) America Convention in Minneapolis, MN on Thursday, April 7 during the Professional Excellence Awards Ceremony.
Established in 1999, the North American Society (NAS) recognizes outstanding professionals from within the allied professions of health education, physical education, recreation, sport and dance in North America.
Individuals who are currently members of SHAPE America or PHE (Physical and Health Education) Canada, are eligible to apply if they have demonstrated OUTSTANDING competence through professional involvement over a period of at least 20 years and meet at least TWO of the identified aspects of professional endeavor:
· Service as an educator in the public or private sector within any community or educational setting.
· Administration within the public or private sector within any community or educational setting.
· Significant contributions to the professional literature within their discipline.
· Significant contributions to the scholarly literature within their discipline.
· Sustained involvement in leadership activities within their discipline.
· Other evidence of leadership within the profession including service to the community at large.