Spring break for the South Orange – Maplewood School District is almost here (April 11-15). Luckily, The Baird has some fun camps for kids; check them out:
EXPLOSION PAINT WORKSHOP for kids in grades 1-5 April 11-15, 9am-3pm
Schools out! Lets create some amazing art! Paint, sculpt, or draw! Play with paint and create a masterpiece! Use a variety of tools for different effects! Lots of art and plenty of free time for kids to interact and have some creative fun together!
Instructor: Denise Hayden has been running the Summer Camp Art program at the Baird for the last 10 Years. She runs a variety of art programs through the Baird year round for both children and adults. She is the owner of Funky Fun Art. www.FunkyFunArt.com
Loads of educational fun in store, the Sciensational way!
Two-Day Workshops for kids ages 6-11
Can You Dig It? Fossil Hunt April 11-12, 9am-4pm, $170
Do you dig dinosaurs? Archaeology and Paleontology seem like big words to kids. Now Sciensational Workshops for Kids makes them come alive.
Each child will:
• Partake in a simulated fossil excavation, uncovering different bones of a dinosaur
• Assemble the bones into a 3-dimentional dinosaur to take home
• Use a geological timeline and fossil charts
• Make a plaster fossil replica
• Identify 20-million year old shark teeth and see other fossil replicas
• Be a rock hound and identify different rocks and minerals
All Terrain Tracker April 13-14, 9:00 am-4:00 pm, $170
In this 2-day workshop, children will build and take home their very own all-terrain tracker vehicle.
• Navigate an obstacle course with their all-terrain tracker
• Conquer sand, stones, twigs and balls
• Enter their tracker in a timed race
• Learn about gears
• Work in groups to design and control robots
• Participate in a group challenge like Battle Bots
Sciensational Workshops for Kids, Inc. is an independent company that runs science enrichment programsfor kids. Their mission is to make science interesting, fun and educational for elementary school age childrenm in a hands-on approach. Qualified, experienced teachers run all programs. For more information regarding Sciensational Workshops, go to www.sciensational.net.
Children should pack a lunch (and snacks/drinks if needed).
South Orange residents with current Recreation ID Badge are eligible for $10 discount on this program. Register in person at the Baird or online at https://apm.activecommunities.com/southorange
MULTI-SPORTS AND TENNIS CAMPS April 11-15
USSI will be in South Orange during school break week with tennis and sports camps for children. Click HERE for a listing of programs and to register.