From the Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group at Keller Williams MidTown Direct:
We work with many buyers who are moving to New Jersey from the city. Most have some level of hesitation about leaving the city life behind. Their concerns could be one or more of a number of things. Here are some of the topics we often discuss with our clients, and we try to provide them with useful resources to help with their home search:
- How will my commute to work be?
- What are the schools like? Which school is best for my child?
- What is there to do out in the suburbs?
- How will I arrange for childcare?
- Can I walk to local shops and restaurants like I do in the city?
- What are the people like in the suburbs and will I find like minded ones?
- What type of house will be the best fit for my family?
- How will I maintain a house when I don’t know how to?
- How will I manage to drive a car after not using one for many years?
- How can I continue my hobbies after I move?
One of our team’s specialties is helping our clients find the answers to these questions. To this end, we’ve prepared a video to help families considering a transition from the city to the suburbs. In this video, other families tell their stories of what it was like for them to make a move from the City to Suburb – thus the title of the video:
Our video was proudly sponsored by Reiner Insurance, our go to experts in all insurance related matters.
If you are thinking of selling your home, it is advantageous to put yourself in the mind of such a buyer. It is likely that someone that fits this profile – a young couple or family with children coming from the city- will be buying your home. If you can find ways to appeal to them then you are on the pathway to success. Our team would be glad to help you present your home to best appeal to today’s buyers.
Some of the features that buyers are hoping to find in their suburban home are:
- open concept kitchens
- master baths
- home office space as many of them work remotely
- walkability to town/train
- painted kitchen cabinets- white, gray and navy are the current trend
- central air
- newly updated kitchens and baths
- hardwood floors
Many times buyers are looking for a house that has character, while also having modern updates and is “move-in ready.”
If you know someone who is thinking of making such a move out of their suburban home in New Jersey or moving out of the city to our towns – please feel free to share our video with them and introduce them to our team. We would be delighted to help them on their journey.
The Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group is a top producing real estate team based at Keller Williams MidTown Direct in Maplewood, NJ. We are local market experts, specializing in real estate and homes in Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn/Short Hills and West Orange, NJ and the surrounding towns. We are driven by earning great testimonials and referral business from happy clients. You can read our testimonials at www.azhomesnj.com/testimonials.