We at Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group recently pulled together some statistics on Maplewood’s Hilton Neighborhood for a meeting of the Hilton Neighborhood Association. Hilton happens to be where our Buyer Specialist, Sarah “Ginge” Calhoun, lives. We found them surprising and think you will too!
Ginge moved to Maplewood four years ago and has loved living in the Hilton neighborhood. She loves that the neighborhood has its own feel and that it is just a quick walk to her daughter’s school, the local parks and shops such as The Wine Barrel and The Bread Stand. Ginge tells me, “The Hilton neighborhood has been a great fit for our family. Its affordability gave us the opportunity to break into the highly desirable town of Maplewood on a smaller budget.”
Hilton is considered Maplewood’s most affordable neighborhood with most homes selling for under $400,000. The neighborhood is thriving and home sale prices continue to rise year after year as is demonstrated by the chart below.
Average Sales Price 1/2001 to 4/14/2019
Home sale prices in this neighborhood have been growing at a much faster rate than the rest of Maplewood. As can be seen below, the market average for homes in the Hilton neighborhood versus Maplewood as a whole from 2015 to 2018 is markedly higher. From 2015 to 2018, the average sales price in Maplewood grew by 13%. In the Hilton neighborhood during the same period of time, the average sales price grew by 33%! (data sourced from GSMLS).
In addition to such compelling sales figures, the Hilton neighborhood is also a simply a great place to live. The neighborhood is a walkable area with couples out strolling, people walking dogs, moms pushing strollers with young children, or folks just doing some local shopping. “The ability to walk to Springfield Avenue has been a huge benefit to living here” says Ginge. “I can go to the Parkwood Diner, the gym, Erin’s Faces and many other retail establishments without having to get in my car and drive.” Ginge also loves that the area is home to many creative people.
Here are some of the many perks to living in the Hilton neighborhood:
- There is an active neighborhood Association (Hilton Neighborhood Association, organized in 1995) to handle neighborhood quality of life issues
- Recreation facilities are plentiful here with two parks (Maplecrest and DeHart), the DeHart Community Center, The Hilton Branch Library and the Maplewood Community Pool
- Local festivals like MayFest, Harvestfest, Porchfest and the seasonal farmers market take place within easy walking distance and demonstrate how the businesses and community come together
- Convenient jitney service to Maplewood Station for train service to NYC is available
- The neighborhood is close to Whole Foods, Target, and Trader Joe’s in neighboring towns
- The neighborhood is close to major highways, business centers and Newark Airport
The Hilton neighborhood is also growing and developing with its retail and community presence. The Springfield Avenue Partnership has helped bring new businesses to the area and supports them throughout the year by organizing and promoting various events.
Contact us for more information about buying or selling homes in Maplewood’s Hilton Section or for information on Maplewood’s other great neighborhoods.
The Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group is a top producing real estate team based at Keller Williams MidTown Direct in Maplewood, NJ. We are local market experts, specializing in real estate and homes in Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn/Short Hills and West Orange, NJ and the surrounding towns. We are driven by earning great testimonials and referral business from happy clients. You can read our testimonials at www.azhomesnj.com/testimonials.