Tomorrow morning and afternoon, the heads of major Maplewood municipal departments — as well as its two special improvement districts — will present budget updates and requests to the Maplewood Township Committee as part of the 2015 municipal budget process.
Maplewood residents can watch in person — or on television — and submit their questions via email.
Residents can watch the meeting on FiOS channel 24 and Comcast channel 35. Budget-related questions can be emailed to the Township Committee at [email protected].
The meeting, to take place Saturday, Jan. 10, at Maplewood Town Hall at 574 Valley Street, will begin with a 2015 Budget Process and Overview presentation from 9 a.m. to 9:20 a.m.
Members of the public are invited to offer public comment in person after the presentations conclude (at about 3:30 p.m.).
- Municipal Court and Prosecutor (9:20 a.m. to 9:50 a.m.)
- Construction Official/Code Enforcement (9:50 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.)
- Health and Animal Control (10:20 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.)
- (BREAK – 10:50 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Police and Dispatching (11 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- (BREAK – 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Fire and Office of Emergency Management (12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Recreation and Cultural Affairs and Pool (1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Maplewood Village Alliance (2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Springfield Avenue Partnership (2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Tax Assessor (3 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
The Township Committee will meet again on Saturday, January 31, 2015 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM to hold another hearing on the 2015 budget.