From the Maplewood NJ Department of Recreation:
The Maplewood Recreation Department is sponsoring the 2nd Annual Laura Holtz Tennis Tournament for Epilepsy September 7 and 8. The tournament is for adults ages 21 and over. Teams must be two adults – any combination of genders. At least one teammate must be a Maplewood resident. Second teammate may be from outside of Maplewood. It will be held at the Memorial Park Tennis Courts (adjacent to the civic house).
- Cost: $40 per team – Register Online at: http://maplewood.recdesk.com/
- Entry Fee includes Tournament T-shirt. Tennis Balls will be provided
- 100% of Entry Fee Will be donated to the Epilepsy Services of New Jersey
- Draw is limited to first 16 teams to register
- For additional information visit: www.maplewoodtennis.com or email: [email protected]
Laura Holtz began playing tennis in the Maplewood Tennis Program at age 6 and became a tennis instructor while in high school for the children’s classes and for the tennis camp. She was a talented tennis player, caring teacher, and a wonderful person. Laura passed away from complications relating to Epilepsy at the age of 20. This charity tournament is being held in Laura’s memory.