With Black Friday, Shop Small Saturday and Cyber Monday (nearly) behind us, here is a chance to consider how to help others this holiday season.
#GivingTuesday — this year on Tuesday, Dec. 2 — is a global day dedicated to encouraging people to give back to their communities. Charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world come together to celebrate generosity and to give.
There are many worthy local charities and non-profits in North Jersey, some of which are listed as partners on Giving Tuesday’s website. Consider donating to one of them on Tuesday.
Here are just a few other, local giving opportunities:
- In Maplewood, No. 165 will donate 20% of the day’s sales on Tuesday to the Caroline Fund for Brain Tumor Research. Donations will also be accepted.
- The Community Coalition on Race is asking people to consider donating time or money. You can donate to the CCR on their website. If you are interested in volunteering, call 973-761-6116.
- Make a donation to the Achieve Foundation, to help enrich South Orange – Maplewood schools.
- The Montclair Art Museum is a local treasure. Consider donating or becoming a member. For more information, visit MAM’s Giving Tuesday page.
- Garden State Equality (GSE) has new monthly donor clubs where you can give $5 a month to support the vital work of this organization.