There’s always something going on in Maplewood Village. On a recent sunny weekday morning, a few things caught our eye:
- Beacon Jewelers, which has been in business for nearly half a century, is getting a full fledged renovation. According to a note taped to the window, owners Tony and Johanna Giasullo will try to keep the store open during the project, and will host a grand re-opening once it is complete.
- Speaking of facelifts, the building on Highland Place that is home to Perch Home and Matters Magazine, among other businesses, recently got a total exterior paint job and is now a lovely, cheerful shade of blue. Be sure to check it out.
- Village Burger will soon be serving breakfast, according to a sign in the window.
- Construction paper still covers the windows of the former Little One & Co. on Highland Place, but word has it a new bakery is set to open. Stay tuned for more information.
- Congratulations are in order for Arturo’s Osteria co-owner Dan Richer, who married Nicole Sabel on September 27 on Long Beach Island. Mazel Tov to the happy couple!