From the Township of South Orange Village:
South Orange River Day is an annual, community gathering to clean up our section of the Rahway River, celebrate South Orange, and promote environmental education and awareness.
This year’s event will include:
- Volunteer River Clean Up
- Live Music with Jonathan Fritz
- Wild Edibles Walk with Dining Wild
- Mini-bioblitz with NJ Watershed Ambassadors
- Toadshade Native Plants and Randi Eckel, Ph.D.
- 7th Grade SOMS River Curriculum Displays
- Rain Garden Display
- re:Yard – Sustainable Yard and Garden Program
- And much more
It all takes place from 11am – 4pm on Sunday May 1st, 2016 at the Skate House on the duck pond off of Mead St. (N. Ridgewood Rd and Meadowbrook Lane).
For more information contact: [email protected]