- This event has passed.
SOMA TogetheRun|Walk 5K
May 22 @ 8:40 am - 10:30 am
Our two towns have been through….a lot this past year. It is time we remember why we love SOMA, through the spirit of community, good health, and mutual support.
Join us on Saturday, May 22nd, for a HYBRID Run/Walk beginning at 9am. This family friendly event will feature an exciting live broadcast, category prizes to run/walk and fundraisers, and the ability to participate on whatever 5K route works best for you that day (choose your own or click on routes to see 4 options from by SOMA Fox Running Club). Our Facebook Group will enable community chatter, photo sharing from various places around our 2 towns by participants, and shoutouts as participants cross the finish line. For those wanting a true start/finish line experience, you can join us at one of 2 routes starting from the Skate House area of Meadlowland Conservacy/Meadlowland Park in South Orange! Want to support SOMA but won’t be here that day? This event allows you to participate from any city, any state…anywhere!
- Ages: Under 7, $0!
- Ages 7-17, $10;
- Ages 55+: $25
- Ages 18+
- $25 through 4/30 (Early Bird)
- $30 through 5/14
- $35 through 5/21 @ 5pm
All Participants who register will receive:
- Custom Run/Walk Bib
- Printable Certificate of Completion Award
- Training Plan and 4 Event Day Routes, provided by SOMA Fox Running Club (or run/walk your way from anywhere!)
- Inaugural SOMA TogetheRunWalk Branded Breathable Gaiter Masks in advance of Run/Walk Day, by pickup at central location (while supplies last)
- Playlist , Mileage Tracking and Event Day Live Broadcast
- Opening stretch led by Baker Street Yoga
- Sponsor Prizes for top fundraisers, most creative photos, and more posted on 5K day
- Potential Sponsor Giveaways in advance, by pickup at central location (while supplies last)
- Free Post 5K 1/2 Drafts at Beer Sponsor, Fox and Falcon for all participants 21+!
- Free Post 5K Cookies from Able Baker, and Pickles on Sticks from Baker Street Market with your bib!
While groups and teams are encouraged, we ask you to remain safe and socially distanced for your fellow neighbors.
Want to go the extra mile and give back even more from your efforts for the local community? We’ll give you tools for you and your families to raise money for MEND Hunger Relief Network of Essex County.