The anniversary menu takes its cue from Bastille Day (July 14) to commemorate the French Revolution as well as 15 years of fine dining on Springfield Avenue in Maplewood.
Menu items include garlic soup, mussel salad, Alsatian pork shoulder, roasted beet and dandelion salad, skate wing, breast of veal, flatiron steak, beef bourguignon, chocolate mousse, nectarine crepe and lavender creme brulée (see gorgeous food porn photos below).
Verjus has also resumed its successful summer Shore Dinners every Friday evening through Labor Day, and is looking forward to a second year of Sunday Farm and Vineyard to Table Dinners scheduled for the last four Sundays of July, August, September and October.
Keep up with all Verjus news and specials via the Verjus Restaurant Facebook page here.
A few fun facts about Verjus:
- Verjus opened in June, 2001, first for dinner, but soon adding lunch and Sunday brunch.
- Chef/owner Charlie Tutino’s cooking, while rooted in tradition, features updated French Bistro favorites. “We change our menu daily and, of course, seasonally, and have always used locally sourced produce, cheeses, meats and fish as available,” said Jane Witkin, Charlie’s partner in life and food.
- Verjus has been very favorably reviewed over the years by The New York Times, the Zagat Guide, the Star-Ledger and Inside Jersey Magazine, among others.
- Every year since 2007, Verjus has been designated as one of the “Top 25 Critics Choice” Restaurants by New Jersey Monthly Magazine in its August issue.
- Opentable Diners Choice Award 2016
- Trip Advisor 2015 Certificate of Excellence
Call for ressrvations at 973-378-8990 or visit opentable.com.
Verjus Restaurant, 1790 Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, NJ.