The race has become a highly-anticipated rite of the new school year in South Orange and Maplewood. For 13 years, it has attracted hundreds of energized runners and families to the rolling course in South Orange’s leafy Newstead neighborhood setting.
A fundraiser for the Achieve Foundation, the Newstead 5K provides $15-$20,000 annually to enhance education in all 10 South Orange/Maplewood schools.
Register online for the Newstead 5K here.
Want some guidance to train for the race? Click here for a program prepared by D&I and recommended by SO/M Schools Physical Education Supervisor, Judy LoBianco.
Local businesses and organizations can help sponsor the race (and support SOMSD) while enjoying:
- Outreach to 40,000 residents
- Recognition through print, online and social media from August through October
- Being featured on the famous Newstead 5K Tshirts
- Receiving cross-promotion with South Orange’s Stay and Play Weekend, September 16-18
- Being listed as a supporter on the Achieve Foundation’s high-traffic website for a year
More information about sponsorship opportunities can be found here.