Celebrate Independence Day this weekend with parades, fireworks, music, and more!
In addition to these events we told you about:
- A day of family-friendly events on July 4th in South Orange
- New sounds at Maplewood’s July 4th Celebration in Memorial Park
- Millburn’s Fourth Celebration
Here’s what else is happening in the Villages this weekend:
Get your friend together and enjoy a Cocktails & Canvas night at Express Yourself Studios in Maplewood on Friday. Bring your bottle of wine* (or favorite beverage) and explore your creative side while having a night out with friends! Cocktails & Canvas Workshops are suitable for all levels, the main objective is to have fun. You will be guided through the process, everyone leaves with a finished piece of Independence Day-themed artwork!
Cocktails & Canvas Night
Friday, July 3 from 7 pm – 9 pm
Express Yoruself Studios, 1877 Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, NJ
$35 per person, register online here
This weekend is a Museums On Us weekend, which means that any Bank of America or Merrill Lynch cardholder will receive free museum admission to the following area museums:
- Montclair Art Museum (MAM), 3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ.
- Newark Museum, 49 Washington Street, Newark, NJ.
- Aljira, A Center for Contemporary Art, 591 Broad Street, Newark, NJ.
- Morris Museum, 6 Normandy Heights Road, Morristown, NJ.
- Liberty Science Center, 222 Jersey City Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY.
- Whitney Museum of Art, 945 Madison Avenue, New York, NY.
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan, 212 W. 83rd Street, New York, NY.
- Brooklyn Historical Society, 128 Pierrepont Street, New York, NY
Museums on Us
Saturday, July 4 and Sunday, July 5 (holiday schedules may be in effect. Check with museum for hours)
Free admission for each cardholder (debit or credit) at participating museums
Rising From the Ashes will be an epic event on Sunday at SOPAC featuring performances by Plan B and Zaboka Music. The show will raise funds and awareness for Home of Hope World Wide programs in Belle-Anse, Haiti.
Rising From the Ashes
Sunday, July 5 at 7 pm
SOPAC, One SOPAC Way, South Orange, NJ
Tickets are $20 – $75 and can be purchased online here
Check out our Events Calendar to see what else is happening in the towns and enjoy the holiday weekend!