From South Orange Downtown:
Members of the public are invited to join South Orange Downtown and South Orange Village on Friday, February 3 from 7-9pm at Papillon 25 (25 Valley Street) for a special Black History Month celebration, recognizing black entrepreneurs and community leaders in the district and the indelible impact they have made on this community. Attendees will enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres, live music from Valarie Adams & The Dimensions and a cash bar while mingling with business owners and SOMA community members.
FEATURED ENTREPRENEURS & COMMUNITY LEADERS:
- Yanick Raineri, Papillon 25 (25 Valley Street)
- Manny Adeleye, The Dancing Blender
- Jacqueline Hunter, Realtor at Hearth Realty (22 First St)
- Rayon Mclean, Steel McClean (4 Village Plaza)
- Dr. Alissa Gardenhire, Best in Class Education Center (71 Valley St Ste 200)
- Ron Brown, Little Shop of Hip Hop (111 South Orange Ave)
- Krya Harrison, Broker & Realtor at North Star Elite Realty (3 Vose Ave)
- Guerlyne Millington, Little Stages (14 South Orange Ave)
- Lavonia Bearfield, Angel’s Touch Lab Solutions (177 Valley St)
- Keira Scott, Beauty is You Spa (4 West South Orange Ave Ste 307)
- Bonita Abakah, Silked The Salon (75 South Orange Ave Ste 210)
- Kosia Asiamah, Lumie Salon (160 Valley St)
- Keisha Miller, Head of Youth Services at South Orange Public Library (65 Scotland Rd)
- and many more
Visit www.southorangedowntown.org to learn more and follow South Orange Downtown on Instagram and Facebook @southorangedowntown for the latest news, events and updates.
ABOUT SOUTH ORANGE DOWNTOWN
South Orange Downtown is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to making the downtown business district a vibrant place to live, work, and enjoy through events, beautification and advocacy for the downtown businesses. The organization’s mission is to strengthen the vitality of the district by supporting existing businesses and attracting new ones to improve the Village’s retail mix; raising funds for improvement and public art projects; producing events that complement existing stores and services; maintaining a clean, safe, and pedestrian-friendly downtown; and helping the governing body manage new development while preserving the attractive architectural legacy of the downtown area. The organization produces key downtown events, including Under Cover Music Fest, Downtown After Sundown Live Music Series, Farmers Market, Hometown Holiday, Downtown on Display business spotlights and more. For more information, visit southorangedowntown.org.