Last Wednesday, Gov. Phil Murphy announced that beginning September 1, New Jersey gyms may reopen indoor spaces — providing that they follow required guidelines detailed in Executive Order No. 181 and the Department of Health’s guidance for health clubs/gyms/fitness centers.
Those guidelines include limiting occupancy to 25 percent capacity, restricting classes to maintain social distancing, conducting temperature screening and questionnaires of staff and clients, and requiring workers and customers to wear cloth face coverings.
The following indoor gyms and fitness centers in South Orange and Maplewood are planning to reopen, according to the directors of the towns’ special improvement districts:
- D&I Fitness is reopening September 1 with 6-8 person small group training classes and open gym usage by appointment only. They will continue to phase in more options after Labor Day. All of equipment is 6ft apart. Masks, wipes and hand sanitizers are available and temperature will be taken at the door and recorded.
- Blink South Orange will open on Tuesday, September 1, at 6:00am. After September 1, the operating hours will be as follows: Monday5 am – 9 pm, Tuesday5 am – 9 pm, Wednesday5 am – 9 pm, Thursday 5 am – 9 pm, Friday 5 am – 9 pm, Saturday 7 am – 4 pm, Sunday 7 am – 4 pm For additional info visit https://www.blog.blinkfitness.com.If you’re not ready to go back, you can freeze your membership by filling out the Gym Reopening Membership Freeze Request Form by September 8. For information regarding billing, gym capacity and other details, visit Blink’s reopening FAQs.
- CKO Kickboxing is reopening September 1 for indoor workouts.
- The Gym Maplewood is reopening September 1 for indoor workouts.
Over in Millburn:
- Evolve Fitness Studio in downtown Millburn is open and “allowing for open gym memberships, personal training memberships, and small group training memberships. We are also offering 50% off of small group training memberships and 25% off of personal training memberships for new members!” More information here: https://www.
Know of other gyms in the area that are resuming indoor classes and services? Contact us at [email protected].