18-Year-Old Hackensack Man Who Threatened Livingston High School Re-Arrested

0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

An 18-year-old Hackensack man was re-arrested on Friday night in connection with a threat against a Livingston resident and high school student that forced all Livingston High School students to remain indoors on Friday and caused the cancelation of all after-school activities Friday afternoon.

John Coulouris was arrested Friday night, Sept. 23, and charged with one count of terroristic threat.

Previous social media postings allegedly made by Coulouris forced the school to announce a delayed opening on September 13. He was previously charged on September 19 with endangering the welfare of a child by distributing child pornography, invasion of privacy and two counts of cyber harassment. Coulouris posted bail on those charges and was released from the Essex County Correctional Facility on September 21, 2016.

However, additional alleged threats were made via social media on Friday morning, Sept. 23, forcing the district to keep all Livingston High School students indoors and cancel after-school activities as well as a volleyball tournament scheduled for Sept. 24 at the high school.

In a statement to the school community on Saturday, Sept. 24, a Livingston Public Schools spokeswoman updated the school community “on the active police investigation of a string of threats posted on social media aimed at Livingston High School.”

“We are appreciative of the actions of the law enforcement agencies,” wrote the spokeswoman, Marilyn Lehren. “Livingston police and the high school staff worked cooperatively on Friday to secure the school when threats were again brought to the attention of police and school officials.

“We recognize the stress that parents and students have been under and we appreciate the trust they have demonstrated in our schools. Livingston Public Schools is unequivocally committed to ensuring the safety of our students and school community. We will continue to keep you updated.”

In a release from the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, Chief Assistant Prosecutor Thomas S. Fennelly said the investigation is continuing.

Bail on the new charge has been set at $100,000, with a no ten percent option. Coulouris will be lodged in the Essex County Correctional Facility in lieu of posting bail, according to the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office.

Related Articles