From the Springfield Avenue Partnership:
Springfield Avenue, Maplewood is experiencing a surge of new business and residential apartment openings. The new apartments at Avalon Maplewood and 255 Tuscan, along with the new units at Maplewood Crossing, are driving a tremendous amount of interest in and development on Springfield Avenue.
“Early this year we saw the construction of The Avalon Maplewood apartments, the opening of the first WaWa in Essex County and the rebuilding of The Maplewood Diner, all of which served to activate the eastern end of Springfield Avenue in Maplewood,” said Mayor Vic De Luca. “This year we are seeing the results of all this investment begin to make an impact with many new business openings and expansions.”
In the last several months Springfield Avenue has welcomed 12 new businesses. These recent business openings include:
- Nuestra Tierra Spanish Restaurant – 1753 Springfield Avenue
- Woulibam Caribbean Restaurant – 1878 Springfield Avenue
- Cornbread Restaurant – 1565 Springfield Avenue
- Klean Apron Take-out restaurant – 1846 Springfield Avenue
- The Gym Maplewood (relocated and expanded) – 1933 Springfield Avenue
- Finlay & Gage Musical Instruments – 1677 Springfield Avenue
- Relax Day Spa – 1874 Springfield Avenue
- You’re Cordially Invited – 1877 Springfield Avenue
- T-Mobile – 1857 Springfield Avenue
- Ariel’s Nails – 1835 Springfield Avenue
- Contagious Smile Dental Spa – 1955 Springfield Avenue
- Tax and Audit Solutions – 745 Prospect Avenue
In addition, three leases have been signed at the new building at 1611 Springfield Avenue, including a health food store and juice bar, a restaurant specializing in Filipino cuisine, and a Paint and Chill Studio.
“We are thrilled that so many business owners have chosen to open on Springfield Avenue in Maplewood,” said Julie Doran of the Springfield Avenue Partnership. “Any area residents who haven’t been to Springfield Avenue lately should be sure to visit soon to check out these new businesses and drop by some of our established favorites as well.”
The Springfield Avenue Partnership is the district management corporation of the Springfield Avenue Special Improvement District in Maplewood, NJ. Visit www.SpringfieldAvenue.com for more information.
For more information, please contact either Julie Doran, District Manager of the Springfield Avenue Partnership at [email protected]