The coming weekend brings another round of holiday events around our towns — starting Friday night with the first annual Irvington Avenue (aka “Seton Village”) holiday celebration and tree lighting. Check out what’s on the schedule:
Friday, December 12
- Light Up the Holidays on Irvington Avenue: Kids’ arts and crafts, refreshments, music, and a holiday tree lighting. 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. in and around the pocket park on Irvington and West Fairview Avenues.
- Rent Party: featuring The Sensational Country Blues Wonders, the Eugene Chrysler Band and Big Mamou. The Woodland, Maplewood, 8 p.m. $5 donation.
Saturday, December 13
- Bang IX: A Small Artworks Exhibition and Sale, 1978 Art Center — This sale of small scale original artwork by over 40 local and regional artists, affordably priced for collecting and gifting, continues this weekend.
- Dickens Village: A full day of fun, including a visit with Santa, a petting zoo, horse and wagon rides through the village and a holiday reading at Words Bookstore — plus the Strollers will be caroling through town. (Here’s hoping for better weather than last Saturday!)
- Book Arts Roundtable Sale: at the Baird in South Orange, handmade objects by members of the Book Arts Roundtable, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hometown Holiday in South Orange: Santa, an Elf Parade, tree lighting, music, hot chocolate and more, all in downtown South Orange. Festivities begin at 2; tree lighting is at 5:15 p.m.
Sunday, December 14
- Wellspring Health Collective Open House: free workshops, chair massage, yoga and more, from 12:00 – 5:00pm, 697 Valley Street in Maplewood, NJ.
- Morrow Memorial Church’s Candlelight Carol Service: this beautiful service tells the Christmas story through readings and carols featuring the Morrow Chancel Choir and the Lyrica Chamber Orchestra Brass presenting John Rutter’s “Gloria.” Free to the public, 4 p.m.