The following was emailed by Columbia High School Principal Frank Sanchez to students on October 19, 2020:
Please read the following email from Athletic Director Mullen:
Winter Sports Information:
- Winter sports physicals are due and turned in to the athletic office by November 16, 2020.
- Information for fall athletes who now want to go out for a winter sport is provided below.
- All mandatory forms can be found on the CHS website under athletics. It is imperative that registration other than physical forms (#2 see below) take place online.
See next bullet point with the only exception to online registration of forms. Follow the link provided. Link (scroll down to “athletic forms”)
- The only forms not able to be done online is # 2 pre participation physical forms. All four of these forms need to be completed and turned in to the high school. See below location.
- All fall athletes in 10th, 11th, 12th grades who participated in a sport in the fall will now need a new physical in order to participate in a winter sport. This is mandatory.
- 9th grade student athletes from the fall season need to do a health history update questionnaire # 11 on the chs web site mentioned above under athletics. The physical that was done for the fall season is good for 365 days.
- A 9th grader who did not play a fall sport will need a full physical and do all forms on the web site under athletics.
- Once # 2 (pre participation physical forms) are completed by the family and the family doctor they must be dropped off at the main entrance of the high school and placed in a box that security will direct you to.
Please note this next statement.
Any forms not filled out will delay the athlete being cleared. Please note every form needs to be completed. No exceptions even if you feel you may not need to fill it out it must be filled out.
Reminder — all physicals done by your doctor need to be reviewed by our district school doctor before one is cleared. This is state mandated.
- Practices start on December 3, 2020 for all sports. Times and location of the first practice will be announced by the head coaches as we get closer to December 3. Sign ups will take place on a Google Classroom site for each sport which will be set up this week and sent out to all students.
- The season ends February 3, 2021 (unless a team is in the playoffs)
Any questions please email [email protected]
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.