South Orange Village President Sheena Collum and Trustee Deborah Davis Ford met for the first time in a recorded forum on April 24 at Kol Rina Minyan hosted by the Academy Heights Neighborhood Association.
Collum started the forum clearly agitated and strenuously rebutted a flier on fire services sent by Davis Ford’s campaign in an early question on shared services; Davis Ford defended the flier and her support for shared services. The topic of school funding also exposed a pointed divergence between the two candidates.
The two candidates answered questions on:
- The Impact of PILOTs (tax incentives for developers) on the school district budget
- Shared Services
- New Development v. Preservation
- 4th & Valley Delay
- Civic Engagement and Communication
- Property Taxes (With a Discussion on the School Funding Formula)
- Municipal Renovations
- The Coalition on Race Demographic Report
- What do you want your Legacy to be?
The Village President candidates’ portion of the forum starts at 58:30 in the video. The video was recorded by Village Green on SOMAtv equipment and processed by Joy Yagid.